Skip to main content

SuperBowl Commercial = Super Let Down

For as long as I can remember the Super Bowl was about football, and of course the 2.5 million dollar commercials. However, the past few years have been of dissapointment, the football games and commercials. In hopes of a new year, and possibly new commericals I was hopeful for all of this hype as a turn around for the once famous 30 second spot during the Super Bowl.

While eating my riblets and sipping on a Mountain Dew watching the Colts burry the Bears, I was not entertained by the commercials once again. Nonetheless, there were a few in which I manged to laugh outloud to.

It just goes to show that "normal" people, like you and me, who have just as creative ideas as those making six figure salaries can create a commercial and connect with people. Doritos was one of those companies who took the challenge into the public, and produced a quite entertaining commercial. Chevy also produced a car commercial, which was the college student winner, and I think that was my favorite of them all. But I have to give credit to the dot.com website, Career Builders.com, for their creative comparison of "surviving the work week." Sometimes you just have to go out to that far limb, and I think that is what they did. They succeeded in me being anbe to remember the name of the site, as well as what the slogan was. So props to them.

Regardless of the poor commercials, I was still happy that the Colts finally won a SuperBowl, that the first African Amercian NFL coach has won a SuperBowl and we are making strides as to take our own peers creativity and put it to the test during one of the most watched hours of television.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Infertility

So once again I attempt to start my blog on weight loss. However, I've entered a new chapter in my life. Babies. Well not quite yet, but we'll get there. Here's some history..... I was diagnosed with endometriosis in March of 2010, only 3 months after getting married. I had a laparoscopy and had 5-6 different areas. I continued treatment with birth control overlapping each month and when that didn't seem to help the symptoms I started on Lupron. For those of you that are familiar with this product you can attest to its wonderfulness as well as its downfalls. The Lupron put my body into menopause at the age of 24 :) Fun Fun fun!!!! On the first round of shots I did not have a hormone replacement pill which I wish I would have. I had shots every month for 3 months then took a break. In June I had a 3 month dose of Lupron again. The pain continued and I had a second laparoscopy with a tubular dye study in September, and here we are. Our game plan...... My OB/GYN wants to t

Flashback Friday (to two weeks ago...)End of Semester.....I made it

Every year at the start of the semester I say that I'm going to be better about blogging and updating. Well, once again, I've failed to post anything since September. Things tend to get a little crazy 4 weeks after the start of the semester and then I look back and think, "Where did the time go?" As always, I'll give you a recap of how the semester went down.... This post has been a long time coming. Again, I spent countless hours on the road four days a week. It was becoming exhausting, and routine. I was getting burnt out. But the thing about this semester is that there was light at the end of it. I was going to be free from driving 200 miles a day, and be in my student teaching placement, hopefully somewhat close to home. The amount of stress that I endured this semester was more than I thought I would have to manage. Between practicums, night classes, working at the winery, the single mom thing, and then a relationship on top of it all, I'm not sure ho

Does Size Matter?

I have always struggled with accepting my body size and shape. I have never been Barbie thin. My entire life I have always been bigger than my friends, teammates, you name it. It has been an issue that I've struggled with for a really long time. Right after my divorce I was super thin and was working out and teaching group exercises 3 times a week...I loved the way my body looked but I still wasn't happy. While life and stress makes my weight fluctuate, I still am active and enjoy working out. I cannot wait for the gyms to open back up so I have a place to go and lift. I've been running, and even bought a new pair of running shoes. But this post isn't really about me, it's about the idea of what others see my body as. I have been open to dating recently and have been on a handful of dates...none that really amounted to anything. There was one, but it was a total friend zone kind of 6 weeks. Great person, just not the right fit. I had a date this weekend and i