Skip to main content

Travel Disasters

Sports have a huge influence on my life due to the fact that I'm interning for a sports team. And secondly, because I have hopes of working for a professional sports team someday. I'm sure many people have heard about the bus fatailty that occured this past weekend. A sad story for all those people involved in sports. This hit close to home because of my devotion to the local minor league hockey team as an intern and the guys I have grown to love as individuals and accept their wild personalities. The Jets were on the road this weekend and they too had something to say about the incident. As the players sat around the lobby early Saturday morning, the buzz was the bus accident. Knowing that they too would be on the road in a few hours made them weary of what can happen on the road. It made me think of how, in a quick short turn, I may never see these players again. And the fact that the interstate 94 had been closed the previous night didn't make anyone feel comfortable about driving.

Take a moment and remember those who were lost in this fatal accident.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Quick and Easy Appetizers

 Last Sunday was a bitter cold one with lots of football on TV. I'm a sucker for a day filled with snacking! Give me a table full of appetizers and I'll set. This was how I was brought up. At holiday gatherings we always had a table FULL of little snacks. Most of the time we were all filled up on apps before dinner was served. It was one of those days on Sunday with the final championship games on TV. I wanted to make it a special day but did not want to be bent over the stove all day cooking. Hmmmm....I looked in the fridge and saw asparagus that needed to be used. I remembered I had a package of bacon in the freezer too. Perfect! Bacon wrapped asparagus. It turned out amazing. 1. Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees 2. Cut the ends off the asparagus 3. Lightly coat the asparagus with olive oil (I put mine in a bag and then drizzled the olive oil and mixed it up. 4. Sprinkle asparagus spears with freshly ground pepper. 5. Divide the amount of asparagus spears in 4. Wrap a bun...

USHL and NAHL Faceoff

This is my first story- and one of three about sports. Enjoy...... USHL & NAHL Face-off Ice, snow, and blustering winds don’t keep these fans away from a hockey game. SUVs, trucks, and mini-vans of all sorts fill the parking lot. A line of 50 people stretches from the ticket window out to the sidewalk. It’s game time at the Coliseum, for the Fargo-Moorhead Jets. But the Force is coming into town, and plans to heat things up. Hockey isn’t something new to the Fargo-Moorhead area. From little mites to hockey elites, this town is filled with hockey. Currently, Fargo is the host to the North American Hockey League team known as the Fargo-Moorhead Jets. With the new Urban Plains facility planning to open its doors for the 2008 season, many people worry the Jets are going to be grounded. The Urban Plains Facility will be the home to the Force, a United States Hockey team elite tier 1 team, will likely blockade the hopes of the Jets continuing next season. T...