Skip to main content

40+ Weeks

I am completely ready to be done! This anticipation is killing me. 40 weeks - 10 months of carrying this child is long enough. I truly miss my body. I miss normal sleep - even though I know there will be no "normal" ever again, as far as sleep goes :) I miss working out; Although I did teach a spin class last Thursday in hopes that I could get the baby to come early....well here we are, and still no baby.

I had a planned induction on Monday the 8th, but got bumped because of another patient. So I was then scheduled for Tuesday night, my actual due date. I then received a call that I was going to get bumped to Thursday night because of another patient that needed the Wednesday spot. So here we are. Thursday....4 days after my initial induction date.

I have done everything to try to get my body to go into labor on its own. Sex, bumpy roads, walking. I walked all weekend. Tons of hills, up, down, and around. Still NOTHING!!!! My doctor stripped membranes on Monday in hopes of getting me to go into labor before now....still nothing. I've had the mucus, the "show." This baby just doesn't want to come into this world.

I tease my husband that with the stress of selling the house, moving twice, and building the house, the baby is like, "No way do I want to come into this stressful world. I am quite content in here where I have everything I need."

He just laughs.

We sat in the dark last night for over 2 hours - No power! How crazy.....the night before the baby comes when we have things to get done, the power goes out right before 8:00pm. My hubby and I ended up leaving the house around 10pm to go to a friends house to find something to do. You don't realize how much you rely on electronics and power for things to keep you entertained.

My feelings at this point:
I'm anxious, and nervous. I'm scared about how much pain it will be to deliver a baby. I realize women have been doing this delivery thing for centuries, but I just want to enjoy it as much as I can without being in pain. This is suppose to be a very special moment and to be in pain would just take away from it all. So, I'm sure there are lots of people out there that are totally against pain management medication, but I am going to do everything I can to stay pain free. Don't get me wrong, I will try and "tough" it out as long as I can, but there comes a point when you just need to relax and that medication could help immensely.

Excited! I can't wait to meet this little baby boy or girl. I thought I was having a boy for the longest time, but the last week or so, I'm starting to think that we are having a girl. All I want is a healthy baby and for the labor to go as smoothly as possible.

To little Baby S,

Your dad and I are so excited to finally meet you. I get to see your tiny hands, and toes. Your little knees that have been poking me in my sides. Your head that has been preventing me from working out for the past 4 months. But mostly, I'm excited to start our new life as a family of 4 - Your dad, me, you and your dog Cutter.

Love,
Mom & Dad














Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Infertility

So once again I attempt to start my blog on weight loss. However, I've entered a new chapter in my life. Babies. Well not quite yet, but we'll get there. Here's some history..... I was diagnosed with endometriosis in March of 2010, only 3 months after getting married. I had a laparoscopy and had 5-6 different areas. I continued treatment with birth control overlapping each month and when that didn't seem to help the symptoms I started on Lupron. For those of you that are familiar with this product you can attest to its wonderfulness as well as its downfalls. The Lupron put my body into menopause at the age of 24 :) Fun Fun fun!!!! On the first round of shots I did not have a hormone replacement pill which I wish I would have. I had shots every month for 3 months then took a break. In June I had a 3 month dose of Lupron again. The pain continued and I had a second laparoscopy with a tubular dye study in September, and here we are. Our game plan...... My OB/GYN wants to t

Flashback Friday (to two weeks ago...)End of Semester.....I made it

Every year at the start of the semester I say that I'm going to be better about blogging and updating. Well, once again, I've failed to post anything since September. Things tend to get a little crazy 4 weeks after the start of the semester and then I look back and think, "Where did the time go?" As always, I'll give you a recap of how the semester went down.... This post has been a long time coming. Again, I spent countless hours on the road four days a week. It was becoming exhausting, and routine. I was getting burnt out. But the thing about this semester is that there was light at the end of it. I was going to be free from driving 200 miles a day, and be in my student teaching placement, hopefully somewhat close to home. The amount of stress that I endured this semester was more than I thought I would have to manage. Between practicums, night classes, working at the winery, the single mom thing, and then a relationship on top of it all, I'm not sure ho

Does Size Matter?

I have always struggled with accepting my body size and shape. I have never been Barbie thin. My entire life I have always been bigger than my friends, teammates, you name it. It has been an issue that I've struggled with for a really long time. Right after my divorce I was super thin and was working out and teaching group exercises 3 times a week...I loved the way my body looked but I still wasn't happy. While life and stress makes my weight fluctuate, I still am active and enjoy working out. I cannot wait for the gyms to open back up so I have a place to go and lift. I've been running, and even bought a new pair of running shoes. But this post isn't really about me, it's about the idea of what others see my body as. I have been open to dating recently and have been on a handful of dates...none that really amounted to anything. There was one, but it was a total friend zone kind of 6 weeks. Great person, just not the right fit. I had a date this weekend and i