Skip to main content

Good Day to Laugh

As an exercise instructor you are concerned about making sure you create a class that's challenging yet fun. You also enjoy wearing fun workout gear. Well today I have to applaud my HIIT class for putting up with me tonight. For one, we had two new participants who stuck with it the entire time - WAY TO GO!!! I'm so proud of your effort and perseverance.

And two - I taught my entire 50 minute class with a rather large hole in the back of my yoga pants that was not brought to my attention until after class. As you can imagine the hole was right in the middle and I didn't have the proper coverage under the yoga pants, if you know what I mean. This is a humiliation to the nth degree but thank you for still working hard and making me aware of the problem. Those yoga capri's will never see the inside of a gym studio again. More like a landfill or an incinerator.

To all instructors alike...I'm sure you've all experienced a wardrobe malfunction a time or two but all we can do is laugh at it and move on. And if course make the class next week do double the burpees and squat jumps for not saying something about the hole earlier 😊

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USHL and NAHL Faceoff

This is my first story- and one of three about sports. Enjoy...... USHL & NAHL Face-off Ice, snow, and blustering winds don’t keep these fans away from a hockey game. SUVs, trucks, and mini-vans of all sorts fill the parking lot. A line of 50 people stretches from the ticket window out to the sidewalk. It’s game time at the Coliseum, for the Fargo-Moorhead Jets. But the Force is coming into town, and plans to heat things up. Hockey isn’t something new to the Fargo-Moorhead area. From little mites to hockey elites, this town is filled with hockey. Currently, Fargo is the host to the North American Hockey League team known as the Fargo-Moorhead Jets. With the new Urban Plains facility planning to open its doors for the 2008 season, many people worry the Jets are going to be grounded. The Urban Plains Facility will be the home to the Force, a United States Hockey team elite tier 1 team, will likely blockade the hopes of the Jets continuing next season. T...

Where have I been?!?

It's almost June...where has the time gone? I honestly, and I know I say this every single time that I'm absent from blogging, but where has the time gone? So so so much has happened since my last post. As in, I freakin' graduated college! For the second time! With honors! I successfully completed student teaching in May. It was a whirl wind. But I almost forgot the most important piece of all this...and no it isn't a job..I'll get to that part later. I passed EdTPA!!! I'm only the 2nd person to pass it from the HPE department at MSUM. Another girl from my class also passed. She had submitted hers before me so technically she passed first. The EdTPA is one of those things that seemed like an overwhelming task, and really doesn't determine whether you are a good teacher or not. Regardless, I passed, and didn't have to submit any remediation back to MSUM. It was a HUGE relief. Right before I switched from my high school student teaching placement a PE ...

Juice Cleanse

As promised, here is my blog post on how my 1-day juice cleanse went. I know, it's a little late, but my school schedule has been crazy...and it was Grape Stomp this past weekend. To say I'm a little exhausted is an understatement. But regardless, I'm back at it, tackling another week, and doing another cleanse as we speak. As a disclaimer, I did this cleanse on my own and was not compensated for doing the cleanse. I am not being compensated for my review of the cleanse. The reason I wanted to do the cleanse was for one, just to try it out. My other reason was the fact that I've been stuck at the same number on the scale for almost a year. It hasn't changed at all, regardless of all my changes. Even with my exercise this summer, it hasn't fluctuated much. I also wanted to see if by doing a cleanse would help reduce some of my headaches. Lately, they have been getting out of control again. I had read a little bit on how to prepare for the cleanse by eating mo...