Skip to main content

Welcome to 2017

I'm off and running with another semester. Four days of driving back and forth for a total of 200 miles a day, 800 miles and week, and an oil change every 6 weeks. I sometimes think I'm crazy for doing all this, but I have this overwhelming feeling of accomplishment. I have never felt this exhilarated in anything I've done before. I have confidence, independence, and finally some self-worth.

I have to give a huge shout-out to my adviser. We met on the first day of class this semester and we figured out how I could add a few more classes to my schedule this semester and would be able to graduate a semester early. Now, there is a downside to all of this excitement. I'm taking 25 credits, which equates to 10 classes - 9 on campus and 1 online. There are many days that I think I'm crazy for doing this, but I keep reminding myself that it will be all worth it in the end!

On another note, I am back to writing for Chicz magazine and had a short article published in our January/February edition. I was also asked to write a short piece to contribute to our church's Lenten Devotional for the congregation. The 40 day devotional booklet will be distributed to all members of the congregation as we go through Lent. I will post my contribution on Ash Wednesday and provide the link to the full booklet if anyone is interested.

With the New Year most everyone makes a resolution....I have never actually kept a resolution, but I also haven't felt better than ever in a really long time. My main focus for this year is to just continue to grow, and be the best version of myself. I continue to learn something everyday about myself. I look for challenges and find ways to overcome them to prove to myself that I have the strength to do anything. I have found an amazing group of friends at school, regardless of the age difference. They are challenging me in different ways, and are great people to collaborate with. All of us have different backgrounds and have so much to bring to the table. I am so excited to be spending so much time with them this semester. A handful of them will be student teaching next fall, which will be so exciting for them. I'm hoping to be able to travel to Boston for a Shape America conference in March...more to come on that later.

Miss K and I started a new thing to start out 2017 right. Each week we write down one good thing that happened that week and put it in a mason jar. At the end of 2017 we will open it up and look at all the fantastic things we did over the last 52 weeks. With her being 4, sometimes she doesn't quite understand what it means....but I just go with it. We talk a lot about show-and-tell. My hope is that at the end of the year, I will have a fantastic list of 52 great things, and not just a Top 10 list.

My stack of books is calling my name......not really, but I've been putting off reading in every single textbook since 8 a.m.

Until next time.......

XOXO

~A

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Infertility

So once again I attempt to start my blog on weight loss. However, I've entered a new chapter in my life. Babies. Well not quite yet, but we'll get there. Here's some history..... I was diagnosed with endometriosis in March of 2010, only 3 months after getting married. I had a laparoscopy and had 5-6 different areas. I continued treatment with birth control overlapping each month and when that didn't seem to help the symptoms I started on Lupron. For those of you that are familiar with this product you can attest to its wonderfulness as well as its downfalls. The Lupron put my body into menopause at the age of 24 :) Fun Fun fun!!!! On the first round of shots I did not have a hormone replacement pill which I wish I would have. I had shots every month for 3 months then took a break. In June I had a 3 month dose of Lupron again. The pain continued and I had a second laparoscopy with a tubular dye study in September, and here we are. Our game plan...... My OB/GYN wants to t

Flashback Friday (to two weeks ago...)End of Semester.....I made it

Every year at the start of the semester I say that I'm going to be better about blogging and updating. Well, once again, I've failed to post anything since September. Things tend to get a little crazy 4 weeks after the start of the semester and then I look back and think, "Where did the time go?" As always, I'll give you a recap of how the semester went down.... This post has been a long time coming. Again, I spent countless hours on the road four days a week. It was becoming exhausting, and routine. I was getting burnt out. But the thing about this semester is that there was light at the end of it. I was going to be free from driving 200 miles a day, and be in my student teaching placement, hopefully somewhat close to home. The amount of stress that I endured this semester was more than I thought I would have to manage. Between practicums, night classes, working at the winery, the single mom thing, and then a relationship on top of it all, I'm not sure ho

Does Size Matter?

I have always struggled with accepting my body size and shape. I have never been Barbie thin. My entire life I have always been bigger than my friends, teammates, you name it. It has been an issue that I've struggled with for a really long time. Right after my divorce I was super thin and was working out and teaching group exercises 3 times a week...I loved the way my body looked but I still wasn't happy. While life and stress makes my weight fluctuate, I still am active and enjoy working out. I cannot wait for the gyms to open back up so I have a place to go and lift. I've been running, and even bought a new pair of running shoes. But this post isn't really about me, it's about the idea of what others see my body as. I have been open to dating recently and have been on a handful of dates...none that really amounted to anything. There was one, but it was a total friend zone kind of 6 weeks. Great person, just not the right fit. I had a date this weekend and i