Skip to main content

Burning Pages

Have you heard of burning pages? Literally,  burning pages of paper. There is an actual purpose to doing this.  Why? Stress relief.  There is a bit of work involved prior to lighting the paper on fire for those pyros who just can't wait to see something burn.

Burning pages is a technique used to reduce stress by first writing down your thoughts and emotions on paper.  Allow the words to flow freely onto the paper.  It doesn't need to have punctuation, or be grammatically correct. Once you've completed all your thoughts it's time to let it burn.

Take your pages outside and start them on fire. Allow the pages to fully burn until they turn to ash.

After the pages have burned the idea is that you have eliminated those thoughts and feelings from your day. You have allowed those words to become part of something else and have ridded yourself of the stressful thoughts and emotions. You have made an active decision to try to make yourself feel better by eliminating unwanted feelings to purify mindfulness.

If you believe in a higher power or energy than by burning pages allows those thoughts and feelings to go to the higher power or energy and no longer are internal conflict.

So the next time you have an internal conflict instead of worrying about it for hours,  write it down and then burn it up AKA Burning pages 🔥 You will be surprised at how it makes you feel. You could feel empowered, and freed from the stress.

I am no way a doctor or therapist and am offering this technique from personal experience.

~I can & I will~

{A}

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Infertility

So once again I attempt to start my blog on weight loss. However, I've entered a new chapter in my life. Babies. Well not quite yet, but we'll get there. Here's some history..... I was diagnosed with endometriosis in March of 2010, only 3 months after getting married. I had a laparoscopy and had 5-6 different areas. I continued treatment with birth control overlapping each month and when that didn't seem to help the symptoms I started on Lupron. For those of you that are familiar with this product you can attest to its wonderfulness as well as its downfalls. The Lupron put my body into menopause at the age of 24 :) Fun Fun fun!!!! On the first round of shots I did not have a hormone replacement pill which I wish I would have. I had shots every month for 3 months then took a break. In June I had a 3 month dose of Lupron again. The pain continued and I had a second laparoscopy with a tubular dye study in September, and here we are. Our game plan...... My OB/GYN wants to t

Flashback Friday (to two weeks ago...)End of Semester.....I made it

Every year at the start of the semester I say that I'm going to be better about blogging and updating. Well, once again, I've failed to post anything since September. Things tend to get a little crazy 4 weeks after the start of the semester and then I look back and think, "Where did the time go?" As always, I'll give you a recap of how the semester went down.... This post has been a long time coming. Again, I spent countless hours on the road four days a week. It was becoming exhausting, and routine. I was getting burnt out. But the thing about this semester is that there was light at the end of it. I was going to be free from driving 200 miles a day, and be in my student teaching placement, hopefully somewhat close to home. The amount of stress that I endured this semester was more than I thought I would have to manage. Between practicums, night classes, working at the winery, the single mom thing, and then a relationship on top of it all, I'm not sure ho

Does Size Matter?

I have always struggled with accepting my body size and shape. I have never been Barbie thin. My entire life I have always been bigger than my friends, teammates, you name it. It has been an issue that I've struggled with for a really long time. Right after my divorce I was super thin and was working out and teaching group exercises 3 times a week...I loved the way my body looked but I still wasn't happy. While life and stress makes my weight fluctuate, I still am active and enjoy working out. I cannot wait for the gyms to open back up so I have a place to go and lift. I've been running, and even bought a new pair of running shoes. But this post isn't really about me, it's about the idea of what others see my body as. I have been open to dating recently and have been on a handful of dates...none that really amounted to anything. There was one, but it was a total friend zone kind of 6 weeks. Great person, just not the right fit. I had a date this weekend and i