Skip to main content

Burning Pages

Have you heard of burning pages? Literally,  burning pages of paper. There is an actual purpose to doing this.  Why? Stress relief.  There is a bit of work involved prior to lighting the paper on fire for those pyros who just can't wait to see something burn.

Burning pages is a technique used to reduce stress by first writing down your thoughts and emotions on paper.  Allow the words to flow freely onto the paper.  It doesn't need to have punctuation, or be grammatically correct. Once you've completed all your thoughts it's time to let it burn.

Take your pages outside and start them on fire. Allow the pages to fully burn until they turn to ash.

After the pages have burned the idea is that you have eliminated those thoughts and feelings from your day. You have allowed those words to become part of something else and have ridded yourself of the stressful thoughts and emotions. You have made an active decision to try to make yourself feel better by eliminating unwanted feelings to purify mindfulness.

If you believe in a higher power or energy than by burning pages allows those thoughts and feelings to go to the higher power or energy and no longer are internal conflict.

So the next time you have an internal conflict instead of worrying about it for hours,  write it down and then burn it up AKA Burning pages 🔥 You will be surprised at how it makes you feel. You could feel empowered, and freed from the stress.

I am no way a doctor or therapist and am offering this technique from personal experience.

~I can & I will~

{A}

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

USHL and NAHL Faceoff

This is my first story- and one of three about sports. Enjoy...... USHL & NAHL Face-off Ice, snow, and blustering winds don’t keep these fans away from a hockey game. SUVs, trucks, and mini-vans of all sorts fill the parking lot. A line of 50 people stretches from the ticket window out to the sidewalk. It’s game time at the Coliseum, for the Fargo-Moorhead Jets. But the Force is coming into town, and plans to heat things up. Hockey isn’t something new to the Fargo-Moorhead area. From little mites to hockey elites, this town is filled with hockey. Currently, Fargo is the host to the North American Hockey League team known as the Fargo-Moorhead Jets. With the new Urban Plains facility planning to open its doors for the 2008 season, many people worry the Jets are going to be grounded. The Urban Plains Facility will be the home to the Force, a United States Hockey team elite tier 1 team, will likely blockade the hopes of the Jets continuing next season. T...

Where have I been?!?

It's almost June...where has the time gone? I honestly, and I know I say this every single time that I'm absent from blogging, but where has the time gone? So so so much has happened since my last post. As in, I freakin' graduated college! For the second time! With honors! I successfully completed student teaching in May. It was a whirl wind. But I almost forgot the most important piece of all this...and no it isn't a job..I'll get to that part later. I passed EdTPA!!! I'm only the 2nd person to pass it from the HPE department at MSUM. Another girl from my class also passed. She had submitted hers before me so technically she passed first. The EdTPA is one of those things that seemed like an overwhelming task, and really doesn't determine whether you are a good teacher or not. Regardless, I passed, and didn't have to submit any remediation back to MSUM. It was a HUGE relief. Right before I switched from my high school student teaching placement a PE ...

Juice Cleanse

As promised, here is my blog post on how my 1-day juice cleanse went. I know, it's a little late, but my school schedule has been crazy...and it was Grape Stomp this past weekend. To say I'm a little exhausted is an understatement. But regardless, I'm back at it, tackling another week, and doing another cleanse as we speak. As a disclaimer, I did this cleanse on my own and was not compensated for doing the cleanse. I am not being compensated for my review of the cleanse. The reason I wanted to do the cleanse was for one, just to try it out. My other reason was the fact that I've been stuck at the same number on the scale for almost a year. It hasn't changed at all, regardless of all my changes. Even with my exercise this summer, it hasn't fluctuated much. I also wanted to see if by doing a cleanse would help reduce some of my headaches. Lately, they have been getting out of control again. I had read a little bit on how to prepare for the cleanse by eating mo...