Skip to main content

Changes - Take a chance on me

These last few months have brought about quite a few changes....let me break it down for you.

1. I moved....long story...I'll get there
2. I have a new job....this correlates with me moving
3. New house
4. I decided I needed to do what was best for myself and K..this will be vague for obvious reasons.

Number 1 - Moving
I received a call at the end of July in regards for an elementary opening in Alexandria School District. I was more than ready to go back to Mora for start of year #2 as the health/pe and Empowerment of Women teacher. I was offered the position, and accepted it. With that being said, I had just sold my house 6 weeks ago, which meant I was literally homeless. The housing marking is sky-high and a sellers market. I really didn't want to take steps backwards and move back in with my mom and dad.  I searched for house rentals, apartments, the works. It just didn't make sense to spend that kind of money and not get any equity out of it. I've become a big picture thinker....who would have thought!

Number 2 - New Job
I was incredibly sad to leave Mora and my amazing family that I had at school. I've never worked with such amazing people in my entire life. I am so thankful that I am still included in activities, weddings, and get-togethers. While my new job was not at the secondary level, I was open to learning. However, this was a learning curve like an MLB fast pitch. It had been such a quick turn-around since my acceptance, moving from Mora to Alexandria, and also was recruited to coach 9th grade volleyball, which I had absolutely no experience with! It was a whirlwind of transition, but so far, I've survived. I am now teaching K-5 physical education at 3 rural elementary schools. With three schools, this requires me to travel between two schools a day. I enjoy the break in the day, but if you were to ask me what day it was, I would highly have no idea.

Number 3 - New house
During back-to-school workshop, a friend and co-worker told me about a house she had seen on Facebook that just happen to have an open house that night! I saw the address of the house and knew immediately that this was meant to be. It was the same house numbers as the numbers of where I grew up at. It was a 2-story house and on a street where houses have character. It would be a downsize for K and I, but that's what I was looking for. A way to get rid of some of the past, a fresh start, and finding ways to live with minimal stuff. Plus it had a soaker tub...which was part of my 5 year plan!

Number 4 - Love, Life, and the Pursuit of Happiness
With the changes of moving back to Alexandria, B and I realized that we just were not on the same page anymore. While this has been a huge loss, I know that in the end, it will both make us happier in the long run. 2.5 years with someone really teaches you some things about yourself. I can only hope that he finds that person that checks all the boxes for him. As for me, I need to take the time to focus on me, and getting Kennedy adjusted to her new school and our new house. Life is a little simpler without having to drive to St. Cloud two times a weekend. I'm definitely saving money on gas.

I'm hoping that all of these changes will lead to good things and amazing outcomes both professionally and personally. I've taken a lot of chances on this move, and my fingers are crossed that this time I can come out on top. I've never been a betting woman, but this time, I've laid all my cards out on the table and hope to win to find that new normal again.

If you were to ask me where my life would be 10 years ago, I think I would have a completely different picture of what my life would like compared to what reality is.

Here's to the next 6 months....who knows what will happen. Life is just a bunch of twists and turns.



-A

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Infertility

So once again I attempt to start my blog on weight loss. However, I've entered a new chapter in my life. Babies. Well not quite yet, but we'll get there. Here's some history..... I was diagnosed with endometriosis in March of 2010, only 3 months after getting married. I had a laparoscopy and had 5-6 different areas. I continued treatment with birth control overlapping each month and when that didn't seem to help the symptoms I started on Lupron. For those of you that are familiar with this product you can attest to its wonderfulness as well as its downfalls. The Lupron put my body into menopause at the age of 24 :) Fun Fun fun!!!! On the first round of shots I did not have a hormone replacement pill which I wish I would have. I had shots every month for 3 months then took a break. In June I had a 3 month dose of Lupron again. The pain continued and I had a second laparoscopy with a tubular dye study in September, and here we are. Our game plan...... My OB/GYN wants to t

Flashback Friday (to two weeks ago...)End of Semester.....I made it

Every year at the start of the semester I say that I'm going to be better about blogging and updating. Well, once again, I've failed to post anything since September. Things tend to get a little crazy 4 weeks after the start of the semester and then I look back and think, "Where did the time go?" As always, I'll give you a recap of how the semester went down.... This post has been a long time coming. Again, I spent countless hours on the road four days a week. It was becoming exhausting, and routine. I was getting burnt out. But the thing about this semester is that there was light at the end of it. I was going to be free from driving 200 miles a day, and be in my student teaching placement, hopefully somewhat close to home. The amount of stress that I endured this semester was more than I thought I would have to manage. Between practicums, night classes, working at the winery, the single mom thing, and then a relationship on top of it all, I'm not sure ho

Does Size Matter?

I have always struggled with accepting my body size and shape. I have never been Barbie thin. My entire life I have always been bigger than my friends, teammates, you name it. It has been an issue that I've struggled with for a really long time. Right after my divorce I was super thin and was working out and teaching group exercises 3 times a week...I loved the way my body looked but I still wasn't happy. While life and stress makes my weight fluctuate, I still am active and enjoy working out. I cannot wait for the gyms to open back up so I have a place to go and lift. I've been running, and even bought a new pair of running shoes. But this post isn't really about me, it's about the idea of what others see my body as. I have been open to dating recently and have been on a handful of dates...none that really amounted to anything. There was one, but it was a total friend zone kind of 6 weeks. Great person, just not the right fit. I had a date this weekend and i