Skip to main content

Breaking Point

I honestly can't believe I've had 3 posts in a week! When was the last time that happened?

I was siting in my 5th Google Hangout Meeting today and just started crying. I knew why, I just didn't want to admit it. I have never felt so empty about something in my life since my divorce. I would cry like this and just hope the feeling would eventually go away. I would occupy myself with things to do around the house, or running errands or whatever; but it doesn't go away.

I have been really unhappy in my job this year. There are a lot of factors, but I figured I would get into the groove of things, and it would be fine. However, that feeling has not gone away. As stated in an earlier post this week, I was passed over for a position, well, I never even had a chance to interview for it, even though it was exactly what I wanted. Politics. When I accepted this position in Alexandria I knew what I was getting into as far as traveling to other schools. What I didn't know I was getting myself into was how there would be so little care about me as an individual and colleague. I had more birthday wishes come from my Mora family than from any here in Alexandria. A happy birthday went out during one of our meetings today, but no mention of missing my birthday. It isn't about wishing me a happy birthday, it is so much more. I am truly just a doormat to everyone. I have never ever felt so worthless in a position I was hesitant to take in the first place. If I had known that the option to move to a different building prior to being here 3 years, I would have never taken the position. My administrator is so hands off and feel like I really don't matter, whereas my previous principle was always checking in and making sure things were good, or if there was anything I needed. I've heard from him once during this time of distance learning, but I don't feel it was genuine.

Mora's referendum passed last night and I couldn't be more excited for them. It is so needed! I sent a text to the principle congratulating him on it passing. His response, "We miss you! Let me know when I can hire you back." I should have never left. And that is what brought me to tears. I should have never left a place I loved. I left for Kennedy to be closer to her dad, but I left the best job I have ever had. I left people who gave a damn about me. I left a group of friends who would do anything for you, except for moving. I feel so unfulfilled here and I don't know if that feeling is ever going to go away if I stay in this position. I don't know what options I have, but I know that if I stay in my current position, I will continue to be miserable. I have no voice in anything, and what I want really doesn't matter in the grand scheme of things. My passion is not in elementary and I don't know how to fake it anymore. It is completely exhausting.

My anxiety has been out of this world out of control. My house walls feels as though they are closing in. It also doesn't help that I spend my 34th birthday in the ER with a 6 day migraine that just wouldn't go away. Botox on Tuesday to hopefully put these headaches in hibernation for awhile. I've been running a lot lately which is good, but gives me a headache. My plan for this weekend is new shoes for running. I need a good pair. Crossing my fingers they are under $100 I deserve it right?!

Well, that is my rant for tonight. I'll see if I have any interesting pictures to post :) All sweaty pictures post runs. A 3.75 and a 4.5 mile run/walk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Infertility

So once again I attempt to start my blog on weight loss. However, I've entered a new chapter in my life. Babies. Well not quite yet, but we'll get there. Here's some history..... I was diagnosed with endometriosis in March of 2010, only 3 months after getting married. I had a laparoscopy and had 5-6 different areas. I continued treatment with birth control overlapping each month and when that didn't seem to help the symptoms I started on Lupron. For those of you that are familiar with this product you can attest to its wonderfulness as well as its downfalls. The Lupron put my body into menopause at the age of 24 :) Fun Fun fun!!!! On the first round of shots I did not have a hormone replacement pill which I wish I would have. I had shots every month for 3 months then took a break. In June I had a 3 month dose of Lupron again. The pain continued and I had a second laparoscopy with a tubular dye study in September, and here we are. Our game plan...... My OB/GYN wants to t

Flashback Friday (to two weeks ago...)End of Semester.....I made it

Every year at the start of the semester I say that I'm going to be better about blogging and updating. Well, once again, I've failed to post anything since September. Things tend to get a little crazy 4 weeks after the start of the semester and then I look back and think, "Where did the time go?" As always, I'll give you a recap of how the semester went down.... This post has been a long time coming. Again, I spent countless hours on the road four days a week. It was becoming exhausting, and routine. I was getting burnt out. But the thing about this semester is that there was light at the end of it. I was going to be free from driving 200 miles a day, and be in my student teaching placement, hopefully somewhat close to home. The amount of stress that I endured this semester was more than I thought I would have to manage. Between practicums, night classes, working at the winery, the single mom thing, and then a relationship on top of it all, I'm not sure ho

Does Size Matter?

I have always struggled with accepting my body size and shape. I have never been Barbie thin. My entire life I have always been bigger than my friends, teammates, you name it. It has been an issue that I've struggled with for a really long time. Right after my divorce I was super thin and was working out and teaching group exercises 3 times a week...I loved the way my body looked but I still wasn't happy. While life and stress makes my weight fluctuate, I still am active and enjoy working out. I cannot wait for the gyms to open back up so I have a place to go and lift. I've been running, and even bought a new pair of running shoes. But this post isn't really about me, it's about the idea of what others see my body as. I have been open to dating recently and have been on a handful of dates...none that really amounted to anything. There was one, but it was a total friend zone kind of 6 weeks. Great person, just not the right fit. I had a date this weekend and i